Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall Recipe Time!

Fall is here! It's my favorite time of year for several reasons (one of which is my birthday!), and fall foods are something I always look forward to! Over the next few weeks I plan to share a few of my favorite fall-themed recipes. I will only be sharing things I've tried, and love. The first is a pumpkin dish, and I assure you that there NONE of this will go to waste!! You must try it!

Pumpkin Pie Dessert
4 eggs
1 1/2 C sugar
1 can evaporated milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 can (16 oz) pumpkin
1 yellow cake mix
1 C melted butter

Preheat oven to 350. Mix eggs, sugar, milk cinnamon and pumpkin in that order. Pour into an ungreased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle dry cake mix on top. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife blade comes out clean. This is amazing when served with cool whip or ice cream!

1 comment:

  1. We have made this same dessert for years and call it Pumpkin Delight. The only difference is that I use a spice cake instead of yellow cake. It is definately a family favorite!

    Thanks so much for playing along. Your link is posted and you have one entry into the drawing for the cookbook now!

    ReplyDelete